Thursday, July 10, 2008

Crazy people in hot tubs and other ramblings.

I just thought I would make some comments about the weather. It did sound wonderful when Trina mentioned the high would be 92*. We really do have sucky weather right now. and for about 2-3 months. I really would rather spend the summer up there. (I'll be there for a couple weeks soon). The thing I really want to say is that the people who grew up here are crazy! At least according to us. For instance, We are out in the pool, which is very warm. We can't even lay on our air mattresses to sunbathe without putting water on ourselves all the time and guess what? There are people in the Hot Tub! I kid you not. I just can't fathom even going in the hot tub at night here since the coolest it gets is about 85*. But this is when the temperature is already above 100* and climbing. They also jog in this weather. The tourists are not much smarter. There are always tons of people walking down the Las Vegas strip in this hot weather. Nick works in it every evening and last night when he came home I asked him how he was and he started laughing about something they had done at work. He never complains about the heat. He's young. This is the 3rd summer he's worked in it, I guess he is becoming a Las Vegan although I don't think he'll be hot tubbing any time soon. I get by on air conditioning.

My friend, Barb, called the other day and mentioned camp meeting. We used to go and camp and spend the week there when the kids were little. We all had fun then but I really have no idea why. The only thing I missed when she mentioned it was the Pronto pups. (corn dogs made with vegetarian hot dogs. eaten with tartar sauce. Well, I decided that I would make some. I had Big Franks, corn meal, etc. I made tartar sauce , mixed up the batter, heated up some oil in my electric wok and a few minutes later (or pronto) -Pronto pups!. Dan and Nick both said they were even better than what we used to have at camp meeting and they didn't have to stand in line.

I went and bought some material and pattern last night. I need a dress for the wedding I'm going to and can't seem to find anything I like. This is probably a mistake. I haven't sewed for a while. After sleeping on it I decided the pattern I got is not the best. There are no darts so it would probably be shapeless. I love the neckline but not sure how to put some shape in it so maybe I will take it back. Patterns are sure expensive. It was 40% off and still cost $10.00. Oh, well will keep you posted on how it turns out.

I think I will get a little more sleep since I didn't get to bed until after midnight last night. We watched a movie. bye.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tag for you! "Choose a familiar word for each letter of the alphabet" Be creative! Check out our site for ours. Cant wait to see yours.

~Denise's girls, Amanda & Christina

Beya said...

I am stressing about a dress for the wedding also. I have two as backup, but I really want a new one. Can't wait until you are here!!!!!

Cameo said...

I'm so excited to see you soon! You and my little "dishrag"! LOL! Yes, mom told me and it cracks me up! Boy, she sure has changed, even since last time you were here! And I have the guest room all ready for you.

Trina G. said...

Anita, you make me "waff". Joggers are ridiculous anyway. They run in the pouring rain here.

Pattern's ARE expensive. Go and exchange it for something you love.

I can't wait to see you!!